1. It's just stuff.
2. You can't take it with you.
3. Be content.
4. The eternal is more important than the present.
5. Things won't have such a grip on you if you let them go.
6. John Ortberg says, "It all goes back in the box" (like in the Monopoly game, but also in the game of life).
Sometimes I focus so much on the material stuff...do I have the right trendy clothes, car, house...but then I'm reminded:
"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Cor. 4:18)
On a side note, we're so thankful for Danny and Suzanne, a couple from our church, who offered to store our boxes for free while we go to India. They are a gift from God...they don't even know us, but they saw our need and met it. God is good.
4 comments:
So neat to see God's hand in this trip to India! Just like Him to meet our every need. :)
I'm blessed by this reminder today.
"You can't take it with you."
It's so true. I'm always telling my girls to not hold "things" so close to their hearts. Always be willing to give it away. It's easier said than done. I'm praying for you and your family as you make this transition. It's an amazing choice you've made. One you (and many others) will be incredibly blessed through.
So true. I was also challenged by a verse in 1 Corinthians (ch. 4 maybe?) this week that said, "What do you have that you have not received? And if you have received it, why then do you boast as though you did not receive it?" Stuff is just stuff, and it's not ours anyway. Who are we to claim ownership on what God has given us? The Lord gives, and the Lord takes away, blessed be the name of the Lord.
Excited for you as you simplify your lives!!!!! You won't miss what you leave behind.
What a blessing to have a storage place! God is so good.
Post a Comment