Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Road Trip across America


Last night we stayed in Albequerque, New Mexico at Jeff's Aunt Judy and Uncle Lyle's southwest style house and saw our first snow of the season. After walking around inside, Clayton said, "Aunt Judy, I really like your decorations!" It felt so good to be in a home again, and especially one decorated for Christmas.
Tonight I write this post from Days Inn in Oklahoma City. The kids are literally bouncing off the walls from bed to bed as I type.... As we were driving on I-40 earlier tonight, Jeff said that we needed to look for something fun to do with the kids. A little while later, we noticed thousands of lights on the side of the highway. Clay asked, "Can we go there?" We decided to be spontaneous and go on a drive through the lighted displays. It was a beautiful, fun way to spend a little of our time in Oklahoma. Some of the drive was even synchronized to Christmas music on the radio...

Hope you're having a beautiful Christmasy day, wherever you are!

2 comments:

doddyj said...

so where are you guys going to be before heading to India? Phil and I are visiting home this next week for a few days - maybe we'll see you??

Christine said...

I have relatives in Albequerque too! Weird! And I had no idea it's snows in New Mexico....what happened to global warming? ;)
Have a safe and happy time on the road!