Friday, November 28, 2008

Tuesday's Surprise

Jeff had the idea to surprise the kids on Tuesday morning when they woke up. Clay and Em groggily walked out to the dining room in their pj's and squealed when they saw Mickey Mouse pancakes. That in itself is a big treat. Then we asked, "If there was one place you would love to go today, where would it be?" Clayton thought a second and replied, "Disney." We answered, "Let's do it!" The kids went nuts...screaming, jumping, bouncing off the couch, etc. We gathered our things and headed off to the wintery wonderland.

We rode on a kiddie roller coaster and Emma wanted to be like Daddy and put her hands up. Here we are going click, click, click, click up the track.

Nothing quite like getting dizzy on the teacup ride. Clay is making the thing go fast and furious and Em's face looks like I felt... stop the madness! :) She actually loved going around fast too. I guess I was the only one trying to make it go the opposite way to slow us down.

All the characters were decked out for Christmas. Jeff joked that with Goofy standing in for my husband, this could be our family Christmas picture this year.
The castle glowed at night...so pretty. ..
...magical, wonderful, enchanting.

6 comments:

Jayme said...

Sounds completely magical...I love the castle all lit up and that last picture of Emma...you are making such wonderful memories for your kids.

pammycakes said...

it's an incredible place....sweet pictures!

Anonymous said...

Oh, cool!!!! I'm sure they LOVED it! I wish I could have been there! I cant't wait to see you at my house for Christmas!
Cassia

Amanda Seibert said...

How fun!!!!!!! What a wonderful CA memory for you guys!
Love you!

Anonymous said...

wow! what a fun surprise! the mickey pancake impressed me so much! haha looks like you guys had a fabulous time:-)

Anonymous said...

I hadn't realized it was going to be a surprise. How fun for the kids! We were at Newlands' when we first saw these pics and Maribeth said that the last one of Emma looked like it should be on a brochure advertising Disneyland; the last two, actually. Soft focus, and captivating! So glad she wasn't scared at "It's a Small World" this go-round!
Love you!
Mom Lehman