Sunday, October 19, 2008

A surprise visitor

Jeff's dad and I just pulled off a huge surprise. We arranged for him to fly out and me to pick him up at the airport...and for Jeff to not know about any of it. It was so hard for me to keep this secret, but the look on his face was priceless when his dad walked in the door! Clay and Em had thought I was at work, so when I returned home with Grandpa, they asked, "Was he at Houstons?" They couldn't figure out how I got him!
This morning we went to Huntington Gardens, one of our favorite places in Pasadena.
Then, in the afternoon, the guys scalped tickets at the Rose Bowl to watch the UCLA/Stanford game.
Tonight we took a hike up Echo Mountain and saw the sun set over the LA skyline.

And, Dad Rack was even here to help celebrate my birthday... What a fun weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! I love it! I love it!!!! I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes! Thank you so much for the pics, Ade! I'll let Dad decide which ones he wants to order (which will probably be all of them!
God bless you, my beautiful Adrienne, and happy happy birthday!
Mom Rack

Kelly said...

Happy birthday girl! Hope it was a good one:) Be glad you're still in your 20's?? Right? Will talk to you soon. Can't wait to come visit in 5 weeeks:)))))

Jayme said...

Oh, Ade, what a special surprise for Jeff and special time for both of them! I hope you had a wonderful birthday. Love you!