Monday, October 1, 2012

Sparrow's Shower

 The Reichanadter family had a shower for Baby Sparrow in Elkhart this weekend.  We had so much fun planning with this woodsy, garden, nest theme.  (The banner hanging in front of the food table says, "Hello Love.") When guests arrived, there was a "blessing tree" (on the cabinet below) and they could write a prayer or blessing for Sparrow and attach it to the tree.
 Melissa and I enjoyed tapping into our creative side by brainstorming and coming up with ideas together.
 The four girl cousins
 Tiered plates of spritz, cream wafers, and babycakes
 We used moss, log "chargers," burlap, aqua mason jars, twine and lace.
There were over 30 women/children in attendance.  We had a great time eating, mingling, praying for Jayme & Sparrow, and playing Baby Bingo while Jayme opened the gifts.

Even Hudson was delighted by this sweet little girl, "Parrow," as he called her.

Mom Reichanadter was also a great mastermind behind the events.  She read some beautiful quotes about sparrows, and one of my favorites was by Henry David Thoreau:  "I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulet I could have worn." 

Harriett Sparrow, you have captured our hearts! We loved celebrating your life this weekend!

6 comments:

Jan Lehman said...

Thank you for posting, Adrienne. What a beautiful, over-the-top event you had! Of course, with the "Lor-Mel-Ade" trio of planners I would expect nothing less. You are creatively blessed and pass it on.
Love you,
Mom Lehman

Anonymous said...

Wow, everything was beautiful! Makes me excited for Elizabeth's! :)

Aud

Anonymous said...

Ade, you captured it so beautifully! Thank you for the blessing of sharing in this precious celebration together! I am still smiling...for so many reasons! Love you, Mom R

Susanna said...

LOVE the photo of Hudson with Sparrow!!

Anonymous said...

well-written and great pictures! congrats on a new neice and a new bun in your oven too!! (right? - i hope i'm right on that, i can barely tell in your photos!) what a blessed time. miss you!
-jenni

Jayme said...

What a precious celebration you showered me with! I was so overwhelmed in more than one instance. God has blessed me with such amazing and loving women in my family. Thank you Ade, I love you!