Monday, July 9, 2012

Snapshots from vacation


We were in Michigan with my family the last week in June.  We enjoyed playing games late into the night, hiking up the sand dunes, fun times with Grandpa and Grandma, lots of water and sunshine, smores around the campfire, and many beautiful sunsets.
 Jeff and Clay gave us quite the ski show...

 Coming in after an afternoon of boating...all smiles.
  Goofy sibs - someone shouted out that we should hold up our fingers to show our birth order.  I guess Amanda and I missed it. Anyway, I love my family and the fun we have when we're together. Some of my favorite times are when we're all gathered in our semi-circle around the fire, watching the sun go down.
This year, we lit some sky lanterns, which looked beautiful going up over the lake into the night sky. Clay was a good helper with the lighter. :) 

These are the kind of evenings you want to last just a bit longer... one of my favorite spots in the world.  Until next year, Lake Michigan.

2 comments:

Jan Lehman said...

Well, this was a "Banner Year" at Little Eden, for sure! It just keeps getting more precious, doesn't it? I love how much ya'll love each other. Beautiful pics and post. And yes, we're pretty excited about the 2 new grandchildren coming in January! #blessedbeyondmeasure
~Mom

Liz said...

We bought paper lanterns for this summer also. We haven't gotten around to lighting them yet - thank you for reminding me about them - they'd completely slipped my mind!