Hope you have a beautiful month of making memories and celebrating the birth of Christ.
Friday, December 2, 2011
'Tis the Season...
...for our annual Gingerbread House Making night. This becomes our dining room table centerpiece for the rest of December. Usually there are a few less pieces of candy on the house by the end of the month. :)
This year we had a little shenanigan to contend with. He would come quietly and then quickly snatch a piece of candy from the table. I caught the little thief in action (far left, below).
And then, he showed no shame in literally biting through wrappers to get to the good stuff.
We used the kids' old Halloween candy (a way to get rid of it without eating it all), and Jeff had the idea to make chewing gum window panes. I thought they turned out cute. Emma would love to live in a house like this!
The malted milkball surrounded by gum at the bottom is Em's "basket of fruit" creation. Clay thought of the Tootsie Roll Chimney. And the candy cane topped with yellow M & M (right) is Emma's candle.
Hope you have a beautiful month of making memories and celebrating the birth of Christ.
Hope you have a beautiful month of making memories and celebrating the birth of Christ.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Another very beautiful gingerbread "home"....Emma, I would love to come visit you if you ever live in a house like that...of course, I would come visit you anywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love this tradition!!!!!!
Love you so much!
Mom Rack
I love your Gingerbread houses! They are beautiful. My kids are hoping to make one soon, but we far far less candy (even with 5 kids out begging this year!)
It was great seeing you for a few minutes the other day. I hope that the Nutcracker was great.
Joyce
Post a Comment