Monday, May 9, 2011

Audra's Shower

We had a special bridal shower for my sister Audra this past weekend. It was so much fun to decorate and help plan for. For some decorations, I tore out pages of an old book and strung them on twine to make garland for the table as well as little paper "medallions." We made mini cupcakes and frosted them the night before.While Audra opened gifts, the women shared bits of marriage advice and wisdom. Things like: Smile. Forgive. Choose your friends wisely. Don't hold grudges. Respect your husband. Always look for the positive, and find humor in something. Then we had a time of prayer for Audra and LT as they begin their lives together.
Audra Kathryn, I am so proud of you and happy to be your sister. I pray that God would deeply bless your marriage to L.T. We are thrilled for you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, thank you Ade! It was SUCH a beautiful shower and a wonderful memory. Thanks for all your hard work to pull it off!

Aud

Kelly said...

So beautiful! Looks like you had fun doing it Ade:)

Anonymous said...

And I am so proud of you Adrienne Renee!!!!!!!!!! It was absolutely perfection!!!!! I love the way you all love and celebrate each other so beautifully! So thankful that I was allowed to be a part of something so special! Mom Rack

Jan Lehman said...

...and it all tasted as good as it looked. For some reason I was missing Grandma Doris Lehman this time. Though she never met you, your food and decorative touches remind me so much of her. You are amazing Adrienne, and I would love you even without your industriousness, your eye for detail and how you get the job done over-the-top while making it look easy. I am--we all are--blessed.
Love,
Mom