Friday, December 3, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like . . .

Christmas!
I enjoy decorating for Christmas, using "natural" and old-looking things. Here's our front porch with a vintage sled and some skates. Some jingle bells and old books sit on the fireplace mantel. I love faded colors, silver, and a little bit of shimmer. An old apron hangs on the door by the kitchen, ready to be worn for an afternoon baking cookies.
And our hutch in the dining room, with garland strung across the top.

I tried to keep the decorating simple this year. With so much begging for our attention during this season, I really want the focus to be Jesus, not the presents, or the stuff, or the food, or the stores. I want our kids to remember a happy, but peaceful home for the holidays.

May you find Jesus to be real, present, and bright in your life this Christmas season.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your style Adrienne. It's so fun to use old things and make them beautiful. I also agree with keeping things simple as the world around us makes Christmas extremely busy and not much about Jesus...He's it!
Love you!!
Andrea

Susanna said...

You always impress me with your talent in decorating - I love it! Our decor is so simple you probably won't be seeing any pics of it on our blog. :) Hope you have a blessed advent season!!

Anonymous said...

Love the look of your house! Have a very peaceful and relaxing season.

Joyce

Jayme said...

So wished we could have seen your home this Christmas season...sounds like it almost worked out. But hopefully soon! We trust you are drinking in every precious moment! See you in a couple days...