Monday, November 8, 2010

Jeff's Latest

Jeff is on to the next house project fixer-upper and this is the state it was in last week:The house actually started like this, but since Jeff likes to restore these old homes, he decided to have the vinyl siding removed since there was the original wood underneath. He has said to me a few times, "Ade, I'm in over my head." I smile and say, "You're gonna do great. It's going to be beautiful!"

This home is only three blocks away from ours, and there's a great sense of satisfaction in beautifying the neighborhood and restoring these 100 year old homes. Several neighbors have stopped by to thank Jeff. I am so proud of him, and his perseverance and hard work.

This week the painters are busy working, next week Jeff will install landscape, and hopefully the house will be transformed soon... I can't wait for the "after pictures!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooooohhhhhh!!! I love that house!!! Shannon said they're coming down to see it with the kids this week-end, so that's pretty cool!!!! Couldn't be more proud of you, Jeff! You're learning so much, and it's going to pay off! Ade, thank you for being his cheerleader - that's an invaluable role!!!!!! Love you all, Mom Rack

Cash said...

Ya know, I am just finishing up on my parents house. I took the old vinyl siding off and put hardy board siding up...all by myself. Next I'll be doing some landscaping again and then installing a new deck! I love this work too. I wish I could come work with Jeff on his houses. Tell him to fly me out to Indy and I'll give him some free labor. (=

Candy Family said...

What a beautiful home. It will be an amazing transformation. I can't wait to see the after picture!