
This room has been waiting to be checked off the "To Do" list for about 8 months now.
When we moved in, we debated about leaving the kitchen "as is," but in the end chose to update it a bit, and hoped to also create a vintage feel.
The kitchen needed more storage room, and it was not fitted for a dishwasher or standard refrigerator.

We decided to fill in a doorway in order to create more space for cabinets and appliances.
We lived with it looking like this (see photo below) for many months. The subfloor was very dirty so we just put cardboard over it as our "flooring."
I painted the existing cabinets a color called “Quail Egg” and then used a chocolate brown glaze on the edges.
We also bought new knobs and pulls (Hobby Lobby, $2.00).
We painted the walls “Cappuccino” (a Restoration Hardware color mixed at Lowe's) and Jeff installed the hand-scraped oak floors, crown molding, open shelving, and new light fixture.
There are so many people to thank for their help and expertise on this project:
Scott Reichanadter for his demolition/rebuilding skills, Mark Jones for his design ideas, Jeremy Clay for his cabinet installation, Eric Jensen for installing the countertop and backsplash, Mom for helping me sew the curtains, and Dad for his carpentry skills in building a pantry out of an old armoire door we found! 
The kitchen is now our favorite room in the house, and I love working there!
9 comments:
Oh my goodness - so amazing! Can I come over and do some cooking there? :) Do you have a dishwasher now too?s
Beautiful Ade. Seriously, you guys should just start your own magazine business. Or remodeling. Or something. Because you both are so gifted in that area.
Stunning, Adrienne, and very inviting!!! I love that you love cooking and baking, and just being such a precious wife and mom!! Be blessed as you bless others in your kitchen!
looks GREAT!!!!!! you guys are amazing!
incredible...........i love it too.....
I LOVE IT!!! It looks absolutely beautiful - very warm and inviting. :) Love you bunches!!!
Very, very beautiful! May God give you many enjoyable and teachable moments in that kitchen.
WOW! This looks amazing. God has given you guys an eye for this stuff and the skill to do it! I hope to remind you that improving the little plot that you have been given is all part of God's plan. He wants us as believers to come into a dark place, a dingy place and give it new life! You house is a testimony of God's work!
Sarae
I LOVE LOVE LOVE your "new" kitchen!!! Krista
Post a Comment