Monday, July 12, 2010
Renewal
One of my favorite hobbies is to find something that no one wants and is probably heading for a landfill, rescue it, apply a few coats of paint, and then use it in our home.
This rocking chair was one of those items. We bought it at a garage sale for $3. I needed a chair for Hudson's nursery and this seemed to have "good bones."

The Hoosier cabinet was another fun find. We wanted a bit more storage in our kitchen, and this seemed to be just right for that. I painted it to match our cabinets.
I think one of the reasons I like to renew things is that it makes me think of Our Maker, who is also in the "renewing business." I love it that He takes us while we're rusty, tattered, and worn out, and makes us new, fresh, and clean again. That is Good News!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Ade- You're amazing. Not sure where you find the time to restore all this stuff -but I sure love that you do! Thanks for the good message.
Karin
Love your finds, Ade! You always manage to find and restore the most beautiful pieces:-) Miss you!
Beautiful, Ade! So glad I've been able to see these pieces in their new home. You've given them new life, and a new home to be used in, by one of the most precious families in the whole world!!!!
Love you, Mom Rack
Can't wait to see all the great things you've done with and in the house since we saw it in January!
LOVE LOVE LOVE the job you did!!! :) Way to go, girl!!
Krista
Post a Comment