Friday, April 23, 2010

Boy or Girl?

It's hard to believe we will be adding a new little member to our family in just one month! We are getting things ready in the nursery. I am loving the simpleness of pale grays, khakis, and cream colors, along with dark hardwoods and tattered things, so that is the nursery's decorating scheme too.
I found this vintage baby scale at a garage sale last week for two bucks. I couldn't pass it up... I loved the shabbiness of it, the colors, and the idea that it weighed babies over 60 years ago. Right now it's being repurposed to hold some newborn diapers.

So if you had to make a prediction, what would you guess? Boy or girl?

19 comments:

Jan Lehman said...

Well, let's see, I thought Clayton was going to be a girl and Emma was going to be a boy, so the fact that I think your 3rd one is going to be a boy probably means that it's a GIRL!
Whatever it is, we love her/him already!
~G'pa Dave & G'ma Jan

doddyj said...

I'm going girl. :)

I love your nursery decorations!! Check out our blog - I just recently posted pics of our nursery (wilderness themed...)

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing girl! You're such a cute pregnant mama, enjoy your last month of being inseperable.
*Rachel Perry

Perry Reichanadter said...

Congrats! I'm so excited for your new addition! And your decorating style is very inspiring, I showed it to Perry, as we are converting a bedroom into a laundry room.

Jeri

Anonymous said...

Love all your decorations Adrienne! We went to garage sales today and got an old dresser for $10 dollars! I love your "shabby" theme and Kyle wants that theme for our office. So we found a couple old things for a couple dollars we're going to use in it! I don't want to guess what you're having! Ok, I'm going with everyone else and saying girl!

Candy Family said...

LOVE the nursery. I'm going with girl.

Amanda Seibert said...

awwwwwwwwww! ade, this makes me smile SO BIG! :-) i can't wait for your little baby!!!!!!!!! and i think it's a girl. and you look great!

pammycakes said...

well....i love the nusery..i love the colors and i love the scale...i have one too but never quite knew what to do with it...so now i might imagine something fun...(not newborn diapers though) i am much too old for that....and i think your having.....a.....baby!!!!!!!!! :) boy or girl i can't wait to hear what your naming it....i love names....:) i am waiting for someone out there to use...cupcake for a girls name.....

Unknown said...

Adrienne...I love reading your blog and I really enjoy the photos of your home. Your family has gone through so much transition in the past few years and I am so excited that you have your OWN home again. I love all the "old" things in it too! You look beautiful pregnant and I can't believe your time to deliver is almost here!! My guess is a girl too:) Melissa Jones

Kelly said...

Couple of things...I love how you hung that little outfit in the frame. I will try to get that little girls outfit that matches it to you soon. Also the landscaping looks great in the background. Did Clay take the pic?? too cute. I go with a boy...that's what I know best. I think your one friend was right though...I think that bump is only big enough for a bunny!!!

Jayme said...

I don't know what to think, and I usually have an opinion! lol. I'll guess boy...is there a prize for this? (j/k)

p.s. I bet that baby scale would've gone for $40 or $50 at an antique shop. Good find!

Anonymous said...

I think it will be a boy :) and the nursery looks amazing, and so do you :)

Elizabeth Crepinsek

Anonymous said...

Awww... I LOVE your nursery! Looks great - especially the framed outfit on the wall! :) Too cute! Love the scale too! GREAT idea! I vote "Girl"! But like your Momma, I thought each one of mine was going to be the opposite! (but likey because you always delivered right before me! and the opposite of what I had! wink)

Unknown said...

oops! Forgot to sign my name...
Love you!!! xoxo, Krista

Anonymous said...

Well, we're guessing it will be a "good" grandkid, just like the other two ...... boy or girl, we'll take 'em. Grandpa and Gramma Rack

Susanna said...

I have no idea, so I'll guess boy. Either way it will be wonderful! I was thinking of you now that May is here - the month for your baby to come into this world!

Melissa Ries said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa Ries said...

Ade, I LOVE the nursery! I love how you take something old and give it new life. Well, if I had to guess, I would say it will be a girl, which probably means it will be a boy!! Either way, we can't wait to see and hold this sweet little one. :)

Lots of love, Melissa

Kate said...

BOY!