Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Open the Gate

This was Clay's bedtime prayer a few weeks ago. "Dear God, Would You please just open the gate of the city for Daddy to find a job? And would You just open the gate of the city for us to find a house?" (I'm not sure where he got that language . . .)

The next night, Emma prayed, "Jesus, please open the fences for us." Clayton immediately corrected her, "No Emma, it's not the FENCES. It's the gate of the city!" :)

It seems as though God has heard the kids' prayers and has "opened the gates" for us in Indianapolis. There is a church planting / discipleship training school with Common Ground Church that we will be participating in. We have a place to stay temporarily. Jeff had an interview with UPS yesterday, and we're looking for other part-time jobs. It seems like we are still in the waiting game, but now just waiting in Indy.

I laughed when I read this quote today, "If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere." I asked Jeff, "What if there are tons of obstacles in the path? Then what?" Our obstacles for this move have been: nearly being scammed by a moving company in California, finding a squirrel in the home we're going to live in (and other family members of his in the attic), Clayton being sick, the UPS job not turning out to be what we hoped for, etc.

My prayer for us and you today is that we push through the obstacles and get a glimpse of God's beauty on the other side.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh Ade thats really cool! i am so glad that the Lord has given you some direction! LOVE YOU GUYS AND MISS YOU!!!! -Jenn Blessing

doddyj said...

yay! hope you guys find a house to settle in soon! thanks for keeping us posted...

{IN}-Sight Ministries said...

Still Praying that little bits and details would be revealed to you in the process of following God! Excited to hear you at least have the next step. I am sure it is a bit of a relief for you!
sarae

Anonymous said...

Ade, that's so awesome that God has shown the way for you guys! I love Clayton and Emma's prayers :) Once you guys get settled in Indy, Jenn and I will have to come visit you because Indy's not too far from IWU!

Love,
Tori Rambadt

Anonymous said...

Miss you, love you, praying and praying and praying for you!
Mom R

Kathy said...

Praise the Lord for direction in your life. . . and prayer for peace in the process!

Carol Trupin said...

I have been praying for God's CLEAR direction in your lives, too. Glad at least there's a start on that! May He SHOWER you with unexpected blessings!
-Carol & Bill

Jayme said...

It was great chatting with you yesterday, Ade... Aren't children just precious with the things they come up with? And I am convinced that their prayers are just as precious to the Father. In fact, I can't help but think their prayers may reap more answers than ours because of their huge faith. Keep believing!