
Last night we put the kids to bed a little early and then "woke" them up 10 minutes later with our Santa hats on. We said, "Let's go get in the van and look at Christmas lights!" So we whisked them away and drove around looking at the beautifully decorated homes, listening to Christmas music. We ended up downtown at the Circle. We walked around in the snow and drank delicious mint hot cocoa at the South Bend Chocolate Factory.

Clay said, "I'm kinda embarrassed to be wearing my pajamas here!" :) (This is the same boy who said to me recently, "Mom, we didn't go anywhere today. Why did we have to get dressed?")
It was such a fun and magical night. The kids asked if we'll do it again next year. I suppose we've started a new tradition.
3 comments:
Aw so fun! I'm sure they were so excited. : ) And that Mint Hot Chocolate is the best!
Love, Aud
Jeff, I loved how you told us that you were all going to get on "the Polar Express" for a little Christmas Adventure!! What a magicalway to celebrate the arrival of your "stuff". Truly "all is well", when we are totally surrendered to His perfect plan!
Thank you for a great time with you Friday and Sunday as we traveled to and from Nashville. We were so blessed!
Love you all, Mom R
Some of my favorite childhood memories are from going to Monument Circle. Though as a child I didn't understand why people called it the "world's largest Christmas tree." It was lights for crying out loud! But, the use to have a manger scene and a giant Bible on display. I miss those two details. I also miss the ice rink they had there. That said, I still love to visit there each year.
Post a Comment