Monday, October 19, 2009

Happy Day

Today I am turning the big 3-0. When I got home from my run this morning, Clay came to the door and said, "Mom, you just go right upstairs and rest." Pretty soon, to my surprise, there was a knock at the door, and this lovely group was bringing me breakfast in bed!

Yesterday we celebrated with Grandma Marge. We've had our birthday party together for as long as I can remember because we're both October babies. Grandma turns a young 79 this month! Happy Birthday, Grandma. I love you, and I love sharing the cake with YOU!

14 comments:

Shelly said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ADE! I can't believe 30 for all of us has arrived...

Anonymous said...

You had to have been one of Grandma Marge's best birthday presents ever! What a gorgeous day for your 30th. And what a wonderful 30-year-old daughter I have (I'm so glad I had you when I was YOUNG). I sure love you!
Mom Lehman

Griselda Johnson said...

Happy Birthday! You have a very sweet family. I love reading your updates.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Adrienne!! I can't believe you aren't still that little girl who came to my house and watched Shirley Temple movies after school :-)
Love ya,
Diane S.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Friend!! We love you! -The Candy Family

Anonymous said...

Happy! Happy! to someone who makes me very happy!! Have a beautiful celebration!.... Sooooooooooo much to be thankful for!!!! And I'm VERY thankful for you!!
Love you, Ade !!!
Mom Rack
"Today you are 30...believe it or not...so Happy Birthday to you!"

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Aww, your grandma Marge. We had some good times :) We need to catch up. Email me sometime! iujess@hotmail.com

Jessica (mcg.)

Kathy said...

Happy Birthday, Adrienne - Sounds like you had a special morning!

Anonymous said...

For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding. And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you[d] to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light. For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, 14in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins. ~Colossians 1:9-14
Happy Birthday, Adrienne! May God, indeed, continue to bless you and use you as a blessing to others!
Bill & Carol Turpin

jeny said...

Happy Birthday dear Adrienne!
What a beautiful start to a special day . . . hope the rest of the day is just as wonderful.

Anonymous said...

To my favorite 30 year old and my favorite October grandchild (a pretty safe statement). May God bless you as you continue the journey. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, again! G'ma Marge

Susanna said...

Hope you enjoyed your special day! Loved the photos. So glad God brought you into this world 30 years ago. And thankful God has surrounded you with such loving people to bless you on your special day!

Christine said...

Happy Birthday!!! My oh MY what a wonderful start to your day!! You are loved, dear one!
And are those Reese's Pieces on your cake?! YUMMY!

Amanda Seibert said...

Happy Birthday, Adrienne! You make 30 seem young & beautiful!!! :-)
LOVE YOU!