It is not what I would have chosen, but God in His wisdom has us right where He wants us. Most days I am just longing to be settled and in our own place, with our clothes in drawers and everything in it's place.
Here are some things I have learned, and some of it is a carryover from our life in India:
1. You can survive on just a few t-shirts.
2. There is a huge difference between what I truly need and what I want.
3. My contentment and happiness must be based on God and not my own circumstances.
4. What's most important are eternal things, because everything on earth will someday slip away.
5. God is all that I need. The song "In Christ Alone" has gone through my mind a lot these days. It says,
"In Christ alone, my hope is found.
He is my life, my strength, my song.
This Cornerstone, this solid ground,
firm through the fiercest drought and storm...
My Comforter, my All in all,
here in the love of Christ I stand."
This Cornerstone, this solid ground,
firm through the fiercest drought and storm...
My Comforter, my All in all,
here in the love of Christ I stand."
Jeff has been challenging me that as much as I long for that place on earth to dwell in, am I longing that much and more for heaven, and for things that matter for eternity? May this be our hearts' cry . . .
"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Cor. 4:18
6 comments:
Thanks for this great reminder, my friend! Even those of us who are settled in our earthly homes should still be striving to long for heaven each day.
You wrote it!!! Love it!!! Great insight Aderienne.
Sarae
great lessons. thanks for sharing these, ade. love you!
7:22 A.M.??? That's when I go back to bed! Oh the life of a single. How well I remember those days with young children. You have such a good attitude of acceptance of temporary inconvenience. Reminds me of the apostle Paul who said, "I have learned in whatsoever state I am,
therewith to be content."
Forgot to add "G'ma Marge." :>)
hey girl, great reminder! been thinking of you & praying for you during this "limbo" time :) prayed gal. 6:9 over you today, "Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary." i'm sure living out suitcases must feel wearying at times, and i love to hear your heart in doing good! i'm so reminded of the way we are made as women, to create places of rest & comfort & "home" - you're so gifted at that, & i look forward to the day when you can exercise that gift again!
love, jen
Post a Comment