"Daddy, what's beyond those clouds? . . . And, what's after that?" (Clay-6)
"Where's heaven?" (Emma-4)
I am reminded of how small we are and how HUGE God is.
He spreads out the northern skies over empty space; He suspends the earth over nothing. He wraps up the waters in His clouds, yet the clouds do not burst under their weight. He covers the face of the full moon, spreading his clouds over it. He marks out the horizon on the face of the waters for a boundary between light and darkness... And these are but the outer fringe of His works; how faint the whisper we hear of Him! Who then can understand the thunder of His power?" (Job 26:7-14)
The outer fringe of His works, just a faint whisper is all we hear of Him. Anything more than that, and perhaps we couldn't handle it. "God, would You make us aware of Your presence today? Keep us mindful of Your Greatness."
2 comments:
We're studying the book of Revelation in devotions with the middle boys. Yesterday I asked them to imagine what heaven will be like. Ajay (Krishna) said, "Angels massaging Jesus." :-) Maybe so... haha. Kids sure have some interesting thoughts and questions!
Miss you here.
I felt some of this when I was flying back to Boston yesterday. I love being above the clouds and somehow feeling just a little closer to God even though I also feel more like a speck than ever. As we descended over downtown, and the sunset was sparkling and beautiful and I was feeling farther and farther away from the home I love, I heard a voice say "my presence is here in Boston too" It doesn't matter how small we are. His love is bigger than this seeming chasm. Praise God.
Post a Comment