Monday's journal entry:Right now toys are all over the living room floor, and the bathroom is a mess because the kids were playing with water, so of course Emma's shirt is all wet. She refused to nap today after 1 1/2 hours in bed talking and singing.
Clay went #2 while I was on the phone with my mom and then proceeded to wipe his rear on Emma's pink sweatshirt, WHILE she was wearing it. How does one get that sort of idea?
Then, when I asked Clay to pick up his toys, he said, "Mama, you're like Pharaoh."
"Why?" I asked, pretty sure I knew the answer that was coming.
"Because he was mean to all of his people." We talked about how that is not a kind way to talk to mommy...then later, Jeff and I laughed our heads off at his misuse of Biblical narratives.
5 comments:
Good morning, Sweetheart,
Oh my goodness! My prayers are so with you and my heart surely goes out to you. Is it any encouragement that I had many such days with Jeff? (not the pink sweatshirt part though).
I love you dearly and highly commend you, for all that you're doing to raise Clay and Emma up, to teach them, and love them unconditionally. Thank you with all my heart. You're wonderful!
" When my heart is overwhelmed; lead me to the rock that is higher than I" Psalm 61:2 NKJV
Mom Rack
I, on the other hand (the other grandma and apparent cause of Clayton's "free time" and subsequent "bad choice"), think he was RIGHT ON with his Pharoah application: "Let my people go!" Let the kids go, Ade and Jeff, right back to Elkhart and the loving care of their two wonderful grandmothers! :-)
Love you!
Mom Lehman
I am laughing at your mom's comment right now:) But I have never thought of you as Pharoah! You are such a great mom and kids have days like that every once in a while! Be sure to journal that one to tell at his high school graduation open house:) Hang in there!
your friend:)
To Miss Pharoah,
Gramma Jan is right on ....... let those kids go back home again to Indiana!
Big Daddy Rack
Thanks for your honesty - You have been an encouragement to me, reminding me that I'm not the only mother who occasionally has a rough day!!
Post a Comment