Saturday, January 12, 2008

Giddy Up!

This morning, as Jeff was waiting for a friend at Peet's Coffee, he read in the newspaper that the Santa Anita Race Track was having $1 admission all weekend. So, when he got home, he announced that we were going to a horse race this afternoon!

We cheered loud for whichever horse Clay liked best. "Go number 3!" The movie, "Sea Biscuit" was based on a true story about a horse that raced at The Santa Anita Track.
We got to watch the horses walk in to the track. They were huge, with shiny coats, and amazingly strong muscles.

6 comments:

Candy said...

WHAT FUN! :D Simone loves horses too. I marvel when I look at Clay in short sleeves as it's 35 degrees here today. Love your blog.

Susanna said...

You're never going to want to move "back east"! I can't believe all the amazing stuff you do. The mountains in the background are amazing. Love the memories you're making with your kids!

Tim and Deb said...

Adrienne, Great to meet you (kind of). What a riot that you guys were doing the camping out thing too. It'd be great to meet you guys! It may be easier if you just send me an email. My address is timmymorg@yahoo.com. It'd be fun to get together. You guys just moved out? where about do you live?

Anonymous said...

You sure are having some amazing experiences! Reminds me of when we lived in NYC and you were a year old, Adrienne. We did a lot more fun city stuff than the people that'd lived there all their lives. Did the kids get to feed the horses carrots and apples? :-)
Sure love you,
Mom Lehman

Jayme said...

Wow! I've never been to the races...reminds me of a scene in My Fair Lady ;o)

jeny said...

What a wonderful experience! I've always wanted to go.