Sunday, January 27, 2008

Adventure at Sturtevant Falls

Yesterday we took the kids for a 4 mile hike along a beautiful canyon trail. For much of the hike we walked next to a rushing creek. We could always hear the sound of the water.

Then we came to a point where we had to "ford" the creek. Brave Jeff went across first, carrying Emma. He would drop her off on the other side, and come back partway to meet me with Clay. Then, he would carry Clay across. And I would come last. We did that 6 different times!
We had one last time to cross the creek. I said to Jeff, "Maybe you should just run ahead and take a picture of the waterfall." I'm so glad he didn't go with my idea... At last, the sight of the waterfall (which was SO WORTH the trip).
We sat at the bottom of the falls eating our picnic lunch as we heard the thundering water and felt it's spritz on our faces. Amazing. I thought about how God just takes my breath away with His magesty.

"And these are but the outer fringe of His works; how faint the whisper we hear of Him! Who then can understand the thunder of His power?" (Job 25:14)

4 comments:

Jayme said...

Oh, man, that waterfall was your pot of gold at the end of the rainbow...I can only imagine the beauty. And I loved the verse you found to go with your thoughts. Thanks for sharing it...

Unknown said...

so amazing! my like blog would say i went for a four mile hike through the city often jumping over bodies of water via the "L" :) Keep livin life to the full! love you!

jeny said...

Adrienne, I'm sorry to hear that you're not feeling well. Hope you get over it quickly.
I love the pictures of your hike. You are surrounded by beauty on everyside! What an ideal setting.

Lori said...

Beautiful, Ade! Wish we could have been with you...I wish that ALOT!
I love you,
Mom Rack