Do you know what this is? I didn't, until last week. My brother-in-law, Eric, was telling me about some little known healthy foods, like BEETS. He said his kids liked them raw, they have great nutritional value, and they help clean your liver. My neice Ashlyn chimed in, "Yeah, and if you eat too many, it turns your pee purple!"So, yesterday I bought one and fed it to the kids as an "appetizer" before lunch. It didn't get rave reviews. But, Clay was anxious to see his purple pee. He also ate carrots and then asked, "What's purple mixed with orange?" (You know where his mind was going...)
As for me? I had to eat a bite of carrots WITH the beets because at least it added some flavor. The beets kind of tasted like crunchy dirt. But, my liver is feeling cleaner already! :)
2 comments:
I am so glad that you tried the beets! Did your pee turn purple yet?
Ashlyn
Good for you, Ade. I really enjoyed our conversation over Christmas about healthier eating. It's admirable that your kids ate the beet, even though they weren't crazy about it--it will help them not to be picky eaters in the future. And I've found that the more I try new things, the more I realize almost everything can be delicious in its own right, as long as it is properly prepared! So it might take some second and third attempts with taste-boosting ingredients like pepper and olive oil, or sugar and vinegar...(I don't know how to prepare beets though)
Post a Comment