Friday, March 30, 2012

Visit from Grandparents

My parents came down to see us last Saturday, and since it was a gorgeous spring day, we went to the Indianapolis Zoo. Here's the fun group in front of the rhinos.Everybody loved jumping around on this floating bridge. Hudson was literally squealing with delight. Clay and Emma look like they're about to escape over the side... This seal was posing for the picture. Petting baby sharks
When we got home, the girls made a pretty "sunflower" cake using "Peeps" marshmallows for the petals and chocolate chips for the seeds (Emma loved the Peeps dipped in chocolate frosting...), while the guys played "hangman" and other games on the couch.

I'm not sure our kids know how blessed they are with all of the amazing grandparents they have! We are thankful.

4 comments:

megan said...

Did you ride the train? I think Shane was driving it on Saturday. LOL

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the pictures. I loved them all! You guys have more energy. Can't wait to see the latest project. The zoo was reminiscent of past zoo trips for our family.

Anonymous said...

Well, that was G'ma Marge. The hour is late and I'm slipping.
G'ma Marge and Lucy

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the sunflower cake idea. The girls made one for Easter.

Joyce