Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A storm

We have found that those muddy days of last week gave way to floody days... We came home from our trip to Nashville to find that the home here in Indy that Jeff's been working on for the past several months and had nearly sold had FLOODED. The closing date was already set for late March, but now the buyer has backed out. We have been pretty discouraged this week, but not without hope. It's funny the Bible verses that seem to leap off the page for us right now. Like this one, from Psalm 29:

10 The Lord sits enthroned over the flood;
the Lord sits enthroned as king forever.
11 May the Lord give strength to His people!
May the Lord bless His people with peace!

The words from a Casting Crowns song run through my mind quite often these days. It says:

I'll praise you in this storm
and I will lift my hands
for You are who You are
no matter where I am
and every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
and though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry to hear this! I rejoice that you are able to hold tight to Him through the storm. Though we do not (and may never) know the reason for which He allows, there is always grace somewhere, though it is often hard to see. He is always and forever good. Keep your eyes and ears open. God can use anything to accomplish His good plans.
Praying for you in the days ahead,
Christine

Christine said...

(I was signed in on my other google account above. That is me!) :)

Anonymous said...

I'm praying that God will especially delight your hearts today with something beautiful. As we enter the Lenten season today, I pray that you will encounter His presence as never before. Have you heard Amy Grant's song, "Better than a Hallelujah"? It's on my FB page. Beautiful. I Love you All so much! Mom R

Andrea said...

Thanks for sharing!! God is the only one that can bring PEACE in a complete storm. Love you guys!

Susanna said...

We've been praying a lot for God to bring you encouragement and strength. May you find that He is more than enough. Thanks for sharing the Scripture and song!

Anonymous said...

So very sorry about this bump in the road you hit! The last time I saw you, you were excited about the house selling. God is giving you the strength to face your situation with a good attitude. I'm proud of you! My love, G'ma Marge