I also love it that we finish in about 60-90 minutes each day, so the rest of the day the kids can play outside, explore nature, go on bike rides, get books at the library, learn how to use power tools with Daddy, cook or work with Mommy, etc. I know we will always remember this special year of learning at home.
Saturday, April 10, 2010
Things we love...
. . . about homeschool: You can be dressed up in a lion costume while you work on writing your letters, and no one thinks anything of it.
You can also wear your pajamas to school and even have bedhead while you work on your Math!
We have homeschooled Clay this year for kindergarten and have really enjoyed watching him learn. I think the most rewarding thing for me is to see him come alive to reading. The other day Emma asked him, "Clay, can you read me a book?" And then I saw them sitting on the couch, with Clay reading a story to her.
I also love it that we finish in about 60-90 minutes each day, so the rest of the day the kids can play outside, explore nature, go on bike rides, get books at the library, learn how to use power tools with Daddy, cook or work with Mommy, etc. I know we will always remember this special year of learning at home.
I also love it that we finish in about 60-90 minutes each day, so the rest of the day the kids can play outside, explore nature, go on bike rides, get books at the library, learn how to use power tools with Daddy, cook or work with Mommy, etc. I know we will always remember this special year of learning at home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
...yeah and you can also talk about Little Eden the WHOLE time if you want to... : )
but where did the lion costume come from?! she makes a cute cub!
~Aud
Yeah (see above post by Aunt Aud), it's all fun and games until SOMEONE tells them that the Little Eden Snack Shop is open EVERY NIGHT and not just on Fridays!
Sure love you all!
~Mom
Adrienne, you are a great Mom and your kids are so blessed to have you give them such a great foundation in their schooling! I love how you are able to enjoy all these moments with them. My kids spent a lot of the day yesterday dressed as a bear, a dragon, and a princess - I should've taken pictures, but I'm so used to it!
Again, you made my day! I love to
see what my great-grandchildren are doing. How sweet that Clay can read to his sister! G'ma Marge Which book did he read?
Love, love, love it! I'm so proud of you Adrienne. I know that homeschooling wasn't your first choice, but what great rewards you are reaping! God bless you, Sweetheart! You are such a blessing to me!
I love you, Mom Rack
can lions wear tutus too? :-) love the costume-- where'd you get that?
Amen sister! It's all so true...we are LOVING this early spring Indiana weather and so glad the boys are'nt stuck in a classroom all day! I only wish we were closer to do more together with you all. We are headed with the group to a huge dairy farm tomorrow. We are looking forward to that! Take care!
wow, the 60-90 minute time slot is quite an incentive to homeschool. at least for kindergarten...maybe you and I should talk sometime. :)
Post a Comment