Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Rest

After a series of amazing events that happened last Tuesday, I boarded a plane with 10 women I had just met and headed to Bonita Beach, Florida on Thursday.

The short version of the story: Jeff and I were in Indy at a discipleship training school and they said that the women from the class were going on a retreat that weekend. The conversation went like this:

"Would you be able to go if we could get you a ticket?"

I thought for a minute, decided to be spontaneous and said, "Sure! When do you leave?"

"The day after tomorrow."And God knew...that was EXACTLY what I needed. Funny how He knows, isn't it? For the first time in 6 months, I felt like just me again. It was a time of rest, great conversations, time alone with God, walks on the beach, picking up shells, soaking the sun on my face, and being still. Thank you God for these new friends, true sisters in Christ.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet Adrienne,
My heart is singing for you, and my soul is praising the ONE who KNOWS, for taking such special care of His beautiful little girl. (Other less spiritual parts of me are just plain jealous, of course)
This was an amazing gift...you are an amazing gift. What a sweet blessing to ponder during this season of Thanksgiving!
Love you,
Mom Rack

Susanna said...

I can't wait to hear the long version of the story! :) Hope to talk soon. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

Jayme said...

Adrienne! What a crazy, unexpected get away! I'm not sure even I would take that kind of trip with 10 women I didn't know, but you were apparently poised for this kind of oasis right now. I'm so glad to hear it was exactly what you needed.

I hope you have a great Thanksgiving. Scott and I will be spending it on the island in Maine...kinda cool. His boss came by today with lumber and groceries. She brought our entire Thanksgiving dinner with lots of extras and said it was on her for our willingness to spend the holiday here. Thank you God! Thinking of you and yes, hoping to post something new on my blog soon...

Candy Family said...

AMAZING! What an amazing gift! So glad it was such a blessing for you! Yay God!

Anonymous said...

Obviously I run around with the wrong grandmas. No one has EVER offered me a ticket to the beach for a women's conference. :>) I am happy for you, however, and think it's great to have a husband that supports that! (And takes care of the kids)! Love ya, G'ma Marge

NotSuchACityGirl said...

wow that sounds amazing. I am so glad he provided what you needed! God is good!
~Elizabeth Crepinsek