Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The bicycle

Clay has been very interested in bike riding lately, but unfortunately his bike is in storage in California. My Dad had the idea to get out my old bike from second grade. I guess the bike could be called "vintage" since it's over 25 years old.
Dad had it refurbished a few years back and it came complete with a banana seat, handlebars with streamers, white walled tires, and a bubble gum pink frame. Clayton LOVES it! He has been riding like crazy, and today rode about 3 miles with me.
He would probably go longer if I let him. It's pretty fun to see him gaining independence and loving life as a six year old.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Clay! Ride it, buddy, ride it! Love, Grandpa Rack

Kate said...

Hey you! Congrats on Baby! What a special time for you guys to both be so involved in the kids lives....its cool that Jeff gets to do nature walks and help with homeschooling and he is available to help you out in the beginning stages of pregnancy! How are you feeling? I love reading your blog.....God will provide the perfect place, space and mission for your family.....keep being patient! If anyone is good at being in this place I think its you guys.....even the lessons you learned in India about slowing down and whats really important in life.....these are things you can enjoy longer while you wait on the Lord...... what special memories you are creating in close proximity with family.....tough as it may seem, it will be so beautiful to look back on.....sorry if I sound like a know-it-all! We are just in a place of trusting in God's provision ourselves.....he does too....only on his terms! Sorry for leaving a book on your comments!

Jayme said...

Wow, I wish I still had my first bike...how cool to watch your own kid ride your childhood memory!

Susanna said...

This is great! Thanks for sharing - the photos really are worth a thousand words. You're right - nothing like a carefree 6 year old riding off on their bike (or better yet, their mommy's old bike. :)

The Holdens said...

Congratulations! We are expecting our second boy any day now. I am almost 38 weeks and feeling ready to pop. I hope you are feeling well. I continue to enjoy seeing what God is doing in and through you guys. Many blessings! Mara

Amanda Seibert said...

great pictures, ade! and way to go, clay!

Anonymous said...

I went into a vintage store today with sara, and we saw a bike hanging up for decoration that looked like this! Definitely hold onto it. : )
~Aud

Anonymous said...

I love the bike Adrienne!! I'm so glad Clayton is able to use it - how does he like those pink streamers? :)
I love you bunches! Can't wait to see you at Christmas. :)

Much love, Melissa