And, every summer for as long as my Dad can remember, he has gone to Little Eden.
And, it's where my Grandpa and Grandma Lehman met, at Little Eden church camp . . . in the summer of 1949.
The place still has the same little creek running through it. . . the creek where Dad used to catch frogs, and I used to pick flowers, and now my kids play in it. The place still has that same scent . . . log cabins with a musty smell, the gas from the boats, the fish in the lake, and fresh pine all around. It's a beautiful place . . . Little Eden.
Last week, 67 out of 70 family members came back to the place where it all began. We even got t-shirts for the occasion! We enjoyed bonfires on the beach and long talks while we watched the sun go down beyond the waters' edge. Grandpa told us the story of how he fell in love with Grandma, 60 years ago.
4 comments:
Ade,
Now I have another reason why I'm sad we aren't making the trek back to Elkhart this summer. We won't get to see you guys. I have to admit, your posts during your time in India really spoke to my heart. I feel like Phil and I ought to jump on a plane and get out there for our own experiences.
When you come to mind, we pray for you concerning your future. For now, we are still in northeastern PA, doing the same thing as before.
Maybe if you are still around in October, we will get to see you.
such a fun week! so glad we could have that time together!
love you!
precious and beautiful all at the same time
These pictures are amazing, Adrienne!! I had no idea how meaningful Little Eden was to your family. I've never heard of such a legacy. You are very blessed to have this tradition as a part of your life. I would love to see more pictures :o)
Post a Comment