
From the first time I heard about the "Shabby Chic" style by Rachel Ashwell, I loved it. Her style is probably the one that has most influenced my love for decorating.... it's one with an interest in silver, vintage, distressed painted wood, and pale colors. So, today as Jeff and I had a "date day," I convinced him to let me stop at the original store in Santa Monica.

It was just as I had imagined it would be. Kind of a mix between English cottage and California beachhouse. The best part was that Rachel was there and I got to meet her! I felt a little "touristy" when I asked her for a picture, but she was kind and obliged. :) Doesn't it look like we're old friends?
4 comments:
I am very jeaous....in a I'm happy sort of way:) I was able to visit a store in Orange county once. Very beautiful!
wow ade!! i think you could be in her next book : ) hope you and jeff are having a good time. can't wait to hang out again in a couple weeks!
love, aud : )
You two could be sisters! It looks like you guys are having a fun summer. We are hoping to visit Pasadena in August, so maybe we'll see you.
How exciting! I would want to meet the artist who had such an influence on me too...almost looks like she could be your older sister.
Post a Comment